Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 6 - An Interview and Meeting The Mastermind Group

June 4, 2010

Today I was on-leave from work. I had an interview with the Sales Team Leader for Colgate-Palmolive Philippines. It seems that they are interested in hiring me as their Distribution Sales Manager for the entire province of Negros.

Actually, I'm not really looking for another job. I know that the more my salary will increase the more I will cling to the feeling of "security". It's why many employees cling to a job because they feel a sense of security whether they slack or work hard on their work, they still receive their salary at the end of each working period.

But I was initially interested with the company since I thought they were hiring for a Cebu based position. Secondly, I'm looking for a job that will give me more time for my business. Also I'm after the name of the company wherein I can use as a track record when the time I already have a sales and marketing consultancy firm.

The Result. Of course my interview went well. I sold myself and the area manager bought my sales pitch 101% (wink). Let's just say when it comes to selling, I have the experience and the mindset to close any deal. Actually, the best part of it is I don't "sell hard". I just state facts and the real benefits of those facts. 

So I'm off to Manila by Monday for another interview. This time it will be with their National HR associate, National HR Director, and their National Sales Director.

Well see what happens in a few days.


Later that night.



It was an exciting night for me since I would be meeting the entire Mastermind group for the very first time.

Initially I had a short discussion with Tito Tony about our "sales call" tomorrow for a buyer of Rabbit Advertising. We talked about the "story" that we will discuss with the buyer.

So after dinner I met the entire group. First was Hanz, who, at my first impression was a very intelligent person. Although we were introduced on my first day with the challenge, I learned more about his personality during the meeting.

Next was Bro. Raoul (dubbed as the Bo Sanchez of Cebu). My first impression was, he was timid and a very deep person. Deep in a sense, that he likes to think things over, before doing it.

We all attended our meeting with our loved ones which was really great. In fact, I believe this is a very ideal thing to do. I truly believe in the saying that "behind every man's success is a woman". For me, I know I cannot do it alone, "business is a team sport", or better yet to say "life is a team sport". You need all the support you can get, whether emotionally, spiritually or financially.

During our meeting we threw a lot of ideas at the table. We talked about our plans in internet marketing, laundry business (Raoul already has one), marketing business and many more.

The flow of ideas was great and Tito Tony help us tackle each and every one of it.

As we said our goodbyes, I could not stop thanking God for bringing me in the Mastermind group. Even when I arrived home, I still thought of many business ideas and how to develop my current businesses.

Tomorrow will be another exciting day of business and growing in life as well.


Well again, I will be seeing you at the finish line. To a Million in 90 days.


Dedicated to your success,
Jake the Multi-Millionaire 
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment