Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 57 - The Worse Marketing Seminar I've Attended

A Marketing Plan Full Of Words But No Solution, Source : Flickr
I was hoping that today I would learn a lot from our marketing cascade but it ended out to be too corporate for my taste.

On a quarterly basis, our company conducts Balance Of the Year (BOY) programs on how to attain our sales targets for the rest of the year. So far, marketing insights are based on shotgun methods that only cater to certain segments of the market but not each market.

As usual, their programs were based on the usual tri-media advertisements and only targets one segment of the market.

Specifically for Purefoods, marketing is launching a lot of products yet targeting the same kind of market which is the kids.

I really wanted to share my ideas but I felt that doing so would only get my ass burned. Or if not, it would confuse even our management. So that day, I understood something very important. In the corporate world, everyone kisses ass.

Hey, I may be a victim of this "epidemic" as well.

So that day, I decided to sit straight and feel proud of myself. I thank God that I am a walking, talking, thinking, ENTREPRENEUR.

I may not be financially rich now, but I believe that one day with a mindset of an entrepreneur, it will change my net worth. Besides becoming wealthy is 90% preparation and 10% action. As the great Stephen Pierce puts it, business is a mind game.

That's what I need to do now. To fully equip my mind with the right mindset and foundation of a successful entrepreneur.

One day, I will get there. I know I will, and I will see you there.



Dedicated to your success,
Jake the Multi-Millionaire
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment